‘Delivering Wow’ is one of Boost’s values, and it’s one of the reasons we continue to be the global market leader for award entry writing. Our reputation has been built by our creative, friendly team and our love of harbouring talent to engender excellence in everything we do. We’re always on the lookout for talented people who would work well with our team, so if your flair is writing or evidencing award submissions we’d love to hear from you to see if we could engage your talent. If you think you’d work well with us, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Delivering Wow’.
Current vacancies October 2018: We are hiring!
PR / Marketing Managing Consultant
Remuneration Package: OTE £40k (£30-35k basic salary per annum depending on experience, with bonuses on top relating to performance); 3% basic salary in pension contributions after three months’ employment. The role: Helping businesses enter awards is what Boost does for a living. This role will enable you to work on entries across a range of industries and clients (including many FTSE 350 companies and major brands), using your skills in three key areas:
- Writing top-quality award entries that tell clients’ stories in a compelling way by combining powerful narrative with well-presented and robust evidence.
- Managing a diverse range of client accounts. You’ll need to be equally confident in generating new business, and maintaining relationships with existing clients to ensure repeat business.
- Managing a small team of consultants to ensure they perform effectively in both delivering quality work on time and on budget, and building and managing their own client accounts.
As a Managing Consultant you’ll be producing accurate, engaging submissions for business awards that will impress the judges and maximise our clients’ chances of winning. This is a client-facing role, so you will have your own portfolio of clients to manage and write for, but a big part of your role will be maintaining and growing this portfolio. This means that, in addition to copywriting, you will be responsible for engaging prospective clients/sales leads, helping your clients to plan the right awards to enter and quoting for work. You will also be managing a team of consultants and ensuring that they perform to a high standard.
This role is currently largely working from home (in the Bournemouth area), with an expectation to work from a shared office once a week alongside colleagues and, less frequently, to meet up with the whole company at various locations in the South East. You will also be expected to travel to client meetings – the majority of which are based in London and the surrounding area. At some point in the future you may be expected to work from an office based in Bournemouth (with the possible option of working from home on some days).
Essential experience includes:
- Copywriting: An experienced copywriter, expert at finding the angle in a story and producing persuasive yet accurate copy, with adaptable tones and styles. Award submissions not only require excellent copywriting skills, but also an understanding of how businesses operate, and the ability to understand and present evidence/statistics in a compelling way (although we also have an evaluation team that can support you with this).
- Account management: Ability to build strong relationships with Managers/CEOs/Directors of both new and repeat clients, with the gravitas to present and field questions confidently (over the telephone and face-to-face).
- Managing a team: You must be confident to manage a team of consultants, ensuring they perform as expected.
- Project management: You will work as part of a close-knit team, so excellent communication and team working skills are essential, particularly as your colleagues will be home-based/based at other locations.
- Organisation is a must: awards are deadline driven, so you need be able to adhere to strict turnaround times for each project.
Our company: Boost is the world’s first and largest dedicated award writing consultancy firm. Helping businesses enter awards successfully is what we do for a living – day in, day out. We’ve written over 1,100 winning entries since we were founded 11 years ago, with 75% of our entries making the finals and almost 40% going on to win.
We help clients with their entire awards strategy, from identifying which stories to run with, to creating 12-month plans of which awards to enter, providing an end-to-end service for writing and designing each award submission, and even conducting staff and customer surveys to gather the all-important evidence to use within the award submissions.
We work across all sectors and have a client base that any marketing firm would be extremely envious of. We have our main office in Hove, a team based in and around Bournemouth, and a number of home workers in various locations across the UK and abroad. What’s more, we’re award winners ourselves, having been honoured by the CRN Sales and Marketing Awards, CIPR Pride Awards, and International Business Awards.
How to apply: Please send your CV, along with a covering letter showing how you are suited, to email@example.com with the subject line ‘Delivering Wow’.