Join our award-winning team
Join our award-winning team
‘Delivering Wow’ is one of Boost’s values, and it’s one of the reasons we continue to be the global market leader for award entry writing. Our reputation has been built by our creative, friendly team and our love of harbouring talent to engender excellence in everything we do. We’re always on the lookout for talented people who would work well with our team, so if your flair is writing or collecting evidence for award submissions we’d love to hear from you to see if we could engage your talent. If you think you’d work well with us, please send your CV to email@example.com with the subject line ‘Job Application’.
Current vacancies: Senior PR/Marketing Consultant (July 2019)
£26-28k per annum on target earnings depending on experience (comprising a £24-26k per annum basic and the rest being a performance-related bonus); pension after three months with employer contributions (currently 3% of basic salary).
Helping businesses enter awards is what we do for a living. This role will enable you to work on entries across a range of industries and clients (including many FTSE 350 companies and major brands), using your skills – and those developed during your thorough induction – in three key areas:
- Writing top-quality award entries that tell clients’ stories in a compelling way, by combining powerful narrative with well-presented and robust evidence.
- Managing a diverse range of client accounts. You’ll need to be equally confident in generating new business and maintaining relationships with existing clients.
- Evaluation: Helping to design surveys and analyse the results to support clients’ award entries. An ability to understand and interpret data would be beneficial.
You’ll be producing accurate, engaging submissions for business awards that will impress the judges and maximise clients’ chances of winning. This client-facing role will see you having your own small portfolio of clients to manage and write for, while also maintaining and growing the portfolio. Therefore, in addition to copywriting, you will be responsible for engaging prospective clients/sales leads, helping your clients to plan the right awards to enter and quoting for work.
Currently this role requires you to largely work from home, with an expectation to work from a shared Bournemouth office once a week alongside colleagues and, less frequently, to meet up with our whole company at a Brighton-based Head Office (as well as various South East locations). Travel to client meetings is also expected (based largely in/around London). In the future you may be expected to work from an office based in Bournemouth (with possible WFH hours some days).
As Boost is a unique organisation, we don’t expect candidates to have had specific experience within the sphere of award entry consulting. That said, if you have experience of writing winning award entries, and/or acting as a consultant in a marketing or PR capacity, then this would undoubtedly strengthen your application.
The following transferable experience and skills are required for the role:
- Copywriting: You’ll be an experienced copywriter, expert at finding the angle in a story and producing persuasive, accurate copy, with adaptable tones/styles. Award submissions also require an understanding of how businesses operate, and the ability to understand and present evidence/statistics in a compelling way (although we also have an evaluation team that can support you with this).
- Account management: You’ll be able to build strong relationships with Managers/CEOs/Directors of new and repeat clients, with the gravitas to present and field questions confidently (remotely and face-to-face).
- Project management: You will work as part of a close-knit team, so excellent communication and team working skills are essential, particularly as your colleagues will be home-based/based at other locations.
- Organisation skills: Awards are deadline-driven, so you will need to be able to adhere to strict turnaround times for each project.
Desirable but not essential: The ability to analyse, interpret and present multiple sources of data to draw conclusions (knowledge of Excel would be beneficial).
If you are thinking ‘this is the job for me’, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Job Application’.