Join our award-winning team
Join our award-winning team
‘Delivering Wow’ is one of Boost’s values, and it’s one of the reasons we continue to be the global market leader for award entry writing. Our reputation has been built by our creative, friendly team and our love of harbouring talent to engender excellence in everything we do. We’re always on the lookout for talented people who would work well with our team, so if your flair is writing or collecting evidence for award submissions we’d love to hear from you to see if we could engage your talent. If you think you’d work well with us, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Job Application’.
Current vacancies: Project and Office Co-ordinator – F/T Maternity Cover (June 2019)
This full time role (9.00am – 5:30pm) at our Brighton & Hove offices has a £20k per annum basic salary + holiday/pension/sick pay. As it is maternity cover it is for a minimum 9 months with the possibility to extend.
Boost Awards is the world’s first award entry consultancy. Helping businesses enter awards successfully is what we’ve done for a living – day in, day out, since June 2006. Boost is an exciting place to work and we’re a friendly bunch (we even have an office pug who looks after us!).
We need a reliable, hard-working and proactive Project and Office Co-ordinator to join our small, friendly team in our flexible Brighton and Hove offices. The role is office based and full time, covering maternity leave for a minimum of 9 months (with the possibility to extend this). Our standard working hours are Monday to Friday 9.00am – 5.30pm. You will be assisting our Operations Manager (based part time in both our Brighton and Hove offices), and our Project Co-ordinator (who works remotely), while simultaneously handling a mix of general office co-ordination tasks and supporting our award entry consultants.
This office-based role is integral to ensuring the smooth running of our entire team, the majority of whom work remotely. As such, it requires an excellent communicator who is approachable, with good listening skills and a diligent, meticulous approach. This is an excellent opportunity for anyone who would like to develop their skills in office and project co-ordination. You will be joining a supportive team, based in a beautiful and exciting co-working space in Brighton and Hove that offers free coffee and tea, social events and beer fridge/cocktail Fridays!
Project co-ordination duties include:
- Gathering information about potential new clients.
- Supporting our award entry consultants with various tasks
- Client contact to arrange calls and meetings (including travel/hotels as needed).
- Updating our awards log with recent wins, shortlistings, etc.
- Using our internal systems (training to be given)
- Logging and monitoring incoming sales leads.
- Checking/querying accounts as needed, including helping to raise and upload client invoices.
- Chasing payments, forwarding remittance advice from clients to our accounts, helping our clients set us up as a supplier and filing receipts.
- Ensuring smooth payment of invoices from our suppliers.
Office duties include:
- Ensuring the office is tidy and well-stocked.
- Arranging maintenance and repairs of company equipment as needed.
- Scanning/filing/shredding, posting items and running errands.
- Answering the phone/door when needed.
- Monitoring emails, setting up calls.
- Occasional organisational jobs, e.g. our annual company Christmas card mail-out, and company get-togethers such as the Summer get together/Christmas party and management meetings.
- Taking card payments/paying in cheques.
- General ad hoc tasks to help the smooth running of the business and to keep the team happy!
Key skills and experience:
- Previous administration and/or project co-ordination experience.
- Comfortable with IT and learning new systems.
- Highly organised.
- Meticulous eye for detail.
- Proactive and happy to use initiative.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Previous experience of working to tight deadlines desirable.
The work environment is changeable and deadline driven and the list of duties above will vary in terms of frequency and timing so you will need to be highly flexible. The mix should make this an interesting, varied role for someone who can learn fast, and comfortably manage multiple tasks simultaneously while always using outstanding attention to detail. Full training will be given.
- Closing date for applications: Wednesday 3rd July (17:30)
- Phone Interviews: Monday 8th July
- Face to Face Interviews: Friday 12th July and Monday 15th July
If you are thinking ‘this is the job for me’, please send your CV along with a covering letter to email@example.com with the subject line ‘Job Application’.